Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Conflict

I am sure each one of us go through several internal conflicts every single day of our lives. The whole process to decide what action is to be taken. Probably it starts right in the morning, when you open your eyes, and see the rays of the sun filtering in through your windows, and you realize - already? It's already morning? Shall I get up now? Or can I sleep another 5 minutes? I think that's a conflict between your karmic and non-karmic (LAZY!!!) selfs!

It never really stops, does it? I take an auto to office - and every time I am asked for a fare X, I think why shouldn't it be X-10 or X-20, but when I don't find any takers for the price, I end up paying the X fare only. And I still do an encore next day. That's probably my frugal self losing to my practical self every single time!

You are having a bad day in office (every day in office is a bad day, eh?), and your boss decides you are going to be his punching bag for today. Let's be honest - we have all been punching bags from time to time. But just at that moment, that one moment, when after that left and a right and a left jab followed by hooks and punches for all your PPT mistakes, when that dreaded uppercut for missing your deadline finally lands, you want to be able to throw one punch back. Don't you? But all you do is get knocked out! Once again! Why do we just lay back and keep quiet, and still our mind is racing as to what all we should have done - that's another conflict between our short-term instincts and our long-term visions. We know it quite well that in the longer run it would all not matter. Or, we hope it doesn't.

I guess that's what it's to be human, to be rational. To be able to weigh up your options, and then decide which would be the right thing to do. You might not always take up the correct alternative, you might make mistakes, but the ability to decide, the ability to let yourself free or practice restrain, that is what sets up apart.

This post comes after almost 2.5 years. What brings me back to this blog? A special thanks to Mr. Manish Purohit, whose writing and blog managed to rekindle that joy which writing gives. I had kind of forgotten that, so a huge thanks to him.

And why this post? I just went through another of the above discussed phases. I own a OnePlus One, and I always loved its bamboo back cover, which sadly was never launched in India. It has only 2 versions here - the sandstone black and white. But guess what, the back cover is there on Amazon now. So probably I will buy it, but then I love the sandstone back cover as well, it provides amazing grip. That's another dilemma I need to sort out now.

Thanks for visiting here. If you liked this post, do put in your comments below. Spread the word, and Keep Reading!

1 comment:

Manish Purohit said...

Welcome back brother... and thats what a comeback is all about. Now don't let that thing die again. Something that u love and enjoy should be attempted for sure. The conflict will always remain but these joys in between makes the conflict a bit enriching...isnt it :)
Looking forward...